Bachelor of Computer Applications or BCA is among the most sought-after computer-related courses following 12th grade. The period lasts for three years, and the course imparts vast knowledge of Computer Fundamentals, Programming Languages, Database Systems, Information Security, and Web Development. By incorporating programming languages such as C++, the program helps you become an expert in Information Technology. Regarding BCA, the BCA curriculum, the names of the subjects or topics can differ between different universities. However, the essential elements are the same. If you’re a person seeking information on BCA subject areas, then you’re at the right spot!
About Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is a three-year undergraduate course that provides students with a basic and advanced understanding of Information Technology and Computer Applications. BCA course equips students with the ability to understand computer programs as well as the ability to resolve various issues and issues that are related to computers or their applications. The BCA topics will cover programming languages like C++ and JAVA, Networking, Fundamentals of Computers, Multimedia Systems, Data Structure, Web-based application Development, Web Designing, and Software Engineering.
BCA Course Subjects and Specialisations
BCA also is offered in the following fields and specializations:
- Accounting Applications
- Systems Analysis
- Personal Information Management
- Programming Languages
- Internet Technologies
- Computer Graphics
- Music and Video Processing
- Cyber Law
Eligibility for BCA Course
- The eligibility criteria for taking the BCA BCA program are that the candidate must have passed the 10+2 test, preferably within Commerce. Some universities may be able to offer their entrance exams for this course.
- Major BCA entrance exams include IPU CET BCA, KIITEE BCA, LUCSAT BCA, etc.
- If you plan to pursue BCA in another country, you could be required to submit SAT and ACT results in other countries, such as the USA. Furthermore, you’ll need to provide scores for language proficiency like IELTS, TOEFL, or TOEFL. Along with SOP or LORs.
Prominent BCA Course Subjects
While there are plenty of subjects you’ll learn about during the course, Here are a few of the essential BCA subject areas:
- Fundamentals of Computers
- C Programming
- Operating Systems
- Multimedia Systems
- Understanding Organisational Behaviour
- Data and Database Management Systems
- Web-Based Application Development
- Computer Lab and Practical Work
BCA Course Subjects Semester-wise
|I||Fundamentals of IT & Computers|
C Language Lab
|II||Operating Systems and Fundamentals|
C Language Advanced Concepts
Advanced C Programming Lab
|III||Database Management Systems|
Open Source Technology
DBMS and Web Technology Lab
Introduction to Linux
|V||Software Engineering – II|
eCommerce and Marketing
Advanced Java and Python Lab
Beyond the core courses In addition to the core subjects, the Bachelor of Computer Application degree offers elective courses open to all students that require students to select different semesters to complete the degree. Here’s a list of some of the most popular electives offered in BCA: BCA course:
- Cloud Computing
- Gaming and Animation
- Computer Graphics
- Digital Marketing
- Data Mining
- Agile Frameworks
BCA Subjects in Detail
After you’re aware of the BCA courses and the syllabus, let’s have an introduction to some of the most important subjects.
The course will cover inheritance, multithreading, databases, networking, and Web development. You will also learn advanced programming languages such as Python, Java, Assembly, COBOL, C, Lisp, etc. It also allows you to create the program, implement it, test it, and analyze large-scale programs.
This subject covers the basic principles of Software Engineering, which aim at giving methods and processes to design, develop and maintain a stable software system that human beings can use. The few areas covered in this topic are the design of the software solution, implementation of programs, and maintenance.
Multimedia data is an integral part of current research projects’ modern world. The subject offers a deep knowledge of multimedia specifications, technologies and tools, and the representation of content to multimedia retrieval and multimedia network communications.
Artificial intelligence, also known as AI, is one of the main elements in Web 3.0, creating machines or computers that are as intelligent as humans. With the rapid development and advancement of technology, it is possible to anticipate many more exciting features and applications that use AI shortly. These are among the unique BCA courses covering two significant areas of machine learning and algorithms, creating intelligent robots and agents and solving AI issues using Python programming.
Web-Based Applications Development
The course focuses on creating and developing web-based apps using various software and languages for programming. In-depth knowledge of HTML and XHTML code and designing concepts using CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) lets students create websites. This course also offers an advanced understanding of PHP, among the most popular programming languages used for web development.
Theoretical Computer Science
Theoretical computer science is the study of the concept of computation, along with mathematical techniques. These topics include algorithms, automata theory logic, computational complexity, and combinatorics.
Database Management System
Database Management System or DBMS principally aims to provide the ability to manage and retrieve data from databases quickly and efficiently. The fundamental concepts discussed in this class include relational algebra, SQL design theory, relational design, online analytical processing data mining, and many more.
Data Communication and Computer Networks
The transfer of digital information through a computer network data network and multiple computers is known as “data communication. Computer networks allow computers to share data via wireless or cable media. In the current information and retrieval technology, the communication platform has been focused on a more imaginative and interactive way of working. The most critical topics in data communication and computer networks (DCN) include the transmission of signals, encoding and interfacing to transmission media, controlling data links, and multiplexing. LANs as well as WANs.
Top Colleges for BCA in India
These are the most prestigious schools that offer BCA within India:
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Pune
- Amity Institute of Information Technology
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- Lovely Professional University
- Parul University
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES)
- Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies
BCA Scope and Salary
After completing your bachelor’s with a major in Computer Application, you can opt for the post-graduation level, such as a master’s degree in Computer Application (MCA) or master’s in Business Administration (MBA). These will enable you to dig more deeply into the subject and acquire the required abilities and skills to excel in this area. Here are the top BCA job openings:
Job Profiles Average Salaries
- Computer Programmer Rs3,00,000 – Rs4,00,000 per annum
- System Engineer Rs4,00,000 – Rs5,00,000 per annum
- Web Developer Rs3,00,000 – Rs4,00,000 per annum
- Web Designer Rs2,00,000 – Rs6,00,000 per annum
- Software Developer , Rs4,00,000. – 50,00,000 per annum
- Software Architect Rs15,000.00 – 20,00,000 per year
- System Security Officer Rs4,00,000. to Rs5,00,000 annually
- Software Tester Between Rs4,00,000 and Rs5,00,000 per annum
- Network Administrator Rs5,00,000 – Rs6,00,000 per annum
- System Manager Rs8,00,000 – Rs9,00,000 per annum