How to Get a Student Visa for China

As a leading country in terms of development, China has become an attractive destination to study the pursue a degree, especially for those in Europe, the USA, and other regions of Asia.

Students from abroad will receive intensive but thorough education and boost their prospects for success. Alongside getting exposed to top-quality teaching and the Chinese culture, you’ll be immersed in Chinese culture and expand your perspective and goals for personal development.

If you’re accepted into a Chinese university, there’s another thing you have to make the application for a student visa. Let’s look at the process of applying for a passport is structured and what you must know before applying.

Young student carrying out task during final exam at college

1. Apply to a Chinese school and obtain an acceptance letter

If you’re not sure about the place you’d like to go to in China, you’ll have to decide before you begin your application for a student visa process. If you are accepted into the Chinese institution, you’ll receive an acceptance letter required for your visa application.

Take a look at some of the top colleges located in China:

  • Zhejiang University
  • Peking University
  • Tsinghua University
  • Nankai University
  • Nanjing University of Technology

2. Find out which kind of visa you require to be able to study in China

Based on the duration of the course, students from abroad need to be able to apply for any of the following visas before going into China:

  • F Visa is for students who intend to pursue studies for less than six months in China in less than six months
  • Visa X: for students who intend to pursue their studies at a university in China for more than six months

Once you have arrived your arrival, you will are given 30 days in which to request a Residence Permit for foreigners. This will permit you to remain within China for the course. The application can be made to obtain a Residence Permit to an exit-entry management division of the local bureau of public security.

3. Where and when to apply for a students’ visa?

Citizens within the European Union (EU) and other nations (e.g., Australia, UK, Australia, Canada, and others) can apply via Canada, Australia, and the UK. CVASC (Chinese Visa Application Service Center).

  • If there’s any CVASC office in your country of residence, it is possible to apply to the local Chinese consulate or embassy.
  • Send your application in person or with the assistance of an agent for a travel or visa agency who can work for you if you’re unable to attend personally.
  • Applications that are mailed are not recognized, and therefore they will be rejected by most Chinese diplomatic embassies.
  • There is no need to make an appointment at most consulates and embassies. Visitors can stop by the visa office during working hours. However, it’s recommended that you arrive before 11:15 a.m.
  • If you make your application via CVASC, You may be required to schedule an appointment via the CVASC website.

4. Additional visa information

The best time to apply for a visa to study in China is approximately one month before arriving in China. However, it is advised not to apply three months before the date.

Most of the time, all Chinese embassies operate efficiently, and the process for a visa could take a week or less. To avoid any difficulties or delays, it is recommended to begin applying for a passport immediately.

5. The language requirements to study in China

There aren’t any particular prerequisites for speaking Chinese to be eligible to apply for a Chinese student visa. However, as most universities offer courses taught in English, They will need evidence of English proficiency in the application procedure.

These are among the most well-known English tests recognized by Chinese universities:

  • IELTS Academic
  • PTE Academic

In your interview at the Chinese consulate or embassy, you’ll also need to speak one of the languages spoken in the world, which is most likely to be the most straightforward and most efficient to talk in English.

Documents required for visa application to China

  • Original passport (with at minimum one blank page that is valid for a minimum of six months following the time of departure from China)
  • Completed application form
  • One passport-type photograph
  • Original and copy of the acceptance note from the school
  • Documentation of payment of the cost of a visa (around USD 66)
  • Photocopies of old Chinese passports (only for foreign citizens who were Chinese citizens and who have gained Chinese citizenship and have obtained)
  • Documentation of your legally valid status within the country from which it is you’re applying to get the visa, for example, a resident permit (if you’re applying for the visa outside of the country where you are a citizen)
  • Copy of tickets for air flights and accommodations arrangements
  • Candidates older than 18 years of age and plan to study in China for longer than 180 days should present a valid physical exam document.

Based on your nationality, You may be asked to submit further documents.

I am currently with China in the capacity of an international scholar.

Students from other countries are permitted to have part-time jobs while pursuing their studies or participate in paid internships at the campus subject to the following conditions they are granted permission by their host institution and Chinese immigration authorities. Chinese Immigration authorities.

The institution issues an approval letter, and the company hiring you will provide a certificate. You must ask your police department to write that your application is “Part-time-work.” You can’t apply for a new job at a different organization should you decide to change your decision.

For a foreigner living in China, English is a very sought-after ability. English tuition and tutoring positions are highly sought-after. Therefore, you should strive to locate these opportunities.

To find more information on the study visas to China, check out this official site of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China.