Australia is the 3rd most-loved destination for international students worldwide and has five of its cities among the top student cities around the globe. The facilities of Australian universities are also impressive.
There are many reasons Australia is regarded as a place that offers top-of-the-line higher education. Before you embark on your journey to study in Australia, you must know what to do to acquire the student visa you need before arrival.
1. Make an application for admission to any Australian university get receive an acceptance letter.
If you’re not confident about which country you’d like to study in Australia, you’ll have to decide before you start applying for a visa. Once the Australian institution has accepted you, you’ll receive an acceptance letter that is required to obtain a student visa.
Take a look at some of the top schools in Australia:
- University of Newcastle
- CQUniversity Australia
- The University of Western Australia
- La Trobe University
- Charles Sturt University
- RMIT University
- University of Canberra
Find out more about studying in Australia.
2. Verify if you require a student visa for Australia
If you are initially from New Zealand, you will not require a visa as a student to Australia. For the rest of the international students, you’ll be required to request one. But don’t worry. If you have the money with the correct information, the patience, and the required documents, you’ll receive the visa you need without the hassle.
Applying for visas will vary depending on where you are from; it’s recommended to begin the process when you get the acceptance letter from the Australian university you wish to pursue your studies.
3. Find out the type of visa you will need to be able to study in Australia.
You must make an application to get the Australian Student Visa (subclass 500) via the official online application platform. Follow the steps on the site. Fill out the form for your country of origin to obtain the list of conditions to submit your visa application.
You may also be required to take an examination to be able to pass a medical test before applying for an immigration visa. When you have used, based on the circumstances, you might be required to:
- take part in a visa interview
- Provide evidence that you don’t hold any criminal convictions
- provide more information
- Take a medical exam
You may need to provide biometrics when applying for a visa; however, some countries could be exempt. Biometrics is an additional way to identify yourself (e.g., fingerprints and images), which countries use to protect themselves.
4. The language requirements to study in Australia
If you are applying for an Australian Student Visa, you will be required to demonstrate your English proficiency by taking the test from an acceptable English test language:
- TOEFL iBT
- IELTS Academic
- PTE Academic
Documents needed for the student visa to Australia
- A complete application form
- Passport in its original form and copy
- A letter of admission from the institution you have applied to
- The evidence that you can pay for your education (62,222 USD/year, which includes tuition fees expenses, travel, and living expenses)
- Australian Health insurance is accepted by the government policy that protects you in Australia.
- English tests of proficiency
- Criminal record verification results
- A proof that you paid the 620AUD visa fee (unless you are exempt)
Find additional details and documentation to determine your admissibility to apply for the Australian Student visa.
You can work for an international university student in Australia.
Most student visas permit you to work up to 20 hours per week (part-time) throughout the academic year and full-time during holidays.
- The graduate working stream lasts for three years and requires a degree from various disciplines.
- The Post-Study Stream grants you the full right to use it for four years, based on your level of qualification.
- The Working Holiday visa applies to students from certain countries between the ages of 18 and 30 and can be used for a maximum of one calendar year.