Canada Letter of Acceptance

Canada Letter of Acceptance

Any foreign nationals must have a Canadian study permit or Certificat d’acceptation de Quebec (CAQ). They must also provide a valid acceptance note proving they have been accepted to enroll in Canada’s Designated Learning Institution(DLI) Designated Learning Institution. Online applicants must submit a scan of the acceptance letter. They must also include a scanned copy of the acceptance letter to offer a paper-based request. A study permit application that is not supported by an acceptance letter will be rejected.

While the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) should be familiar with issuing acceptance letters for international students, applicants should ensure that all information has been included. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada requires information about the applicant and the institution that issued the acceptance letter, and the program that the applicant was accepted into when submitting a letter confirming acceptance.

Requirements for an Acceptance Letter

  • Name, birth date, and address of student;
  • Name and contact information for the institution;
  • DLI number;
  • Contact information for the institution, including telephone, fax, email, and website;
  • Type of school/institution (e.g., private or public, and in cases where an institution is not a university but is funded by the government, an indication of whether it is a college or community college).
  • The year, the field of study, and study level in which the student was admitted;
  • Estimated duration or date of completion;
  • Start date of the chosen course of study;
  • Last date a student can register for a class.
  • The academic calendar that the student will enter;
  • It doesn’t matter if the program or system of study is part-time or full-time.
  • The tuition fees;
  • Scholarships, financial aid, and other assistance (if applicable);
  • The expiry date that indicates the expiration date of the letter of acceptance;
  • Conditions related to acceptance or registration such as academic prerequisites and proof of language proficiency, completion of a prior degree, etc. ;
  • Clear identification by the educational institution is usually confirmed via its letterhead.
  • A Certificat d’acceptation de Quebec (CAQ) is required for study in Quebec.
  • Private institutions are required to obtain licensing information via paper, if applicable.

Acceptance Letter exemptions [R219(2)]

In the following situations, a foreign national is exempted from the acceptance letter requirement:

  • Foreign nationals’ family members must approve the application for a study or work permit in writing before they can enter. However, this exemption does not guarantee the approval of a study permit request.

Conditional Acceptance Letter

A foreign national can be admitted to a Bachelor’s Degree program if they have completed an English as a Second Language (ESL) course. The immigration officer will issue the study permit for the duration of the prerequisite course. An institution may give a conditional letter of acceptance to a foreign national granting approval to the program if they have completed the prerequisite courses.

Officers issue a study permit to cover the duration of the prerequisite program and one year.

Students who have completed their prerequisite program can apply for a new permit and show that they have met all the admission requirements.

Foreign missions should still consider the bona fides of the principal program and the available funds before issuing travel documents for the prerequisite study programs.

Study permits for prerequisite programs are not valid until the student begins their main agenda.

Joint programs that involve more than one institution

Students who apply for a study permit to study in Canada for an academic program offered jointly by two institutions (a university or college). Both institutions must be officially designated by their respective provinces or territories to host international students. Also, must submit an official letter of approval that clearly states this. The Canadian DLI should issue the acceptance letter. In cases where more than one institution grants a degree, diploma, or certificate, they should give the acceptance letter to the institution where students will start their studies. Note that the study program includes sessions or courses (I will mention semester) at another institution. Also, it will indicate institution type, name [college, university technical institute], etc. ), and institution location ).

Officers must associate the study permit application with the DLI issuing the degree or diploma. (Or, in the case of more than one institution, the institution where students will start their studies.

Officers must also manually enter the institution’s name where the program is offered in the Remarks.

Recent Articles

How to Nail Your International Master’s Interview in 2022

How to Nail Your International Master’s Interview in 2022

Students who have gone abroad have realized that just one trip can alter the course of your whole life. In addition, considering how many universities are on board with the concept that they will accept international students, there's no reason to limit yourself to...

10 Best “Hidden Gem” Universities in New England

10 Best “Hidden Gem” Universities in New England

New England is well-known for its vibrant college scene and more than 100 colleges of higher learning making New England home. The most well-known universities globally are located in New England - schools like Harvard, Yale, and Dartmouth are all associated with top...

10 Amazing Dental Schools in the Midwest

10 Amazing Dental Schools in the Midwest

No matter how much they understand or believe in science, most people living in the US can name Harvard and Johns Hopkins the best medical schools in America. However, it's not as simple for dentists who are about to become. Though dentists play an essential function...